Citizens of most countries require visas to enter Uganda. Ugandan visas are available at all major land borders and the international airport at Entebbe at a cost of around $50.
The Government of Uganda has introduced online visa application system with effect from 01 July 2016, apply online here: https://visas.immigration.go.ug
All nationalities require an International Health Certificate showing proof of a yellow fever vaccination within the past 10 years.
Quick Facts - Kampala
- Population: over 30.9 million
- Elevation extremes: Lowest point: Lake Albert 621 m
- Highest Point: Margherita Peak on Mount Stanley 5,110 m
- Average January Temperature: 22 degrees Celcius (72 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Average July Temperature: 20 degrees Celcius (68 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Major Industries: Agriculture, Cement, Copper Processing, Food Processing Metal Processing, Motor Vehicles, Mining, Textiles.
- Time Zone: UTC/GMT +3hours
- Country Dialing Code: +256
- Area Code Kampala: 0414
National Day and other important days
January 1 (New Year), January 26 (National Resistance Movement - Liberation Day), March 8 (Women's Day), Variables dates: Good Friday and Easter Sunday, May 1 (Labor Day), June 3 (Martyrs Day), June 9 (Hero's Day), and October 9 (Independence Day). Variable dates: Eid Al Fitr, December 25 (Christmas day, December 26 (Boxing Day).