Welcome to Uganda. The Sheraton Kampala Hotel is within walking distance of many main attractions including the National Theatre craft market, Uganda Gold Course, Nakesero and St. Balikuddembe market famously known as Owino market, shopping malls as wells as many dining and entertainment spots. The Entebbe International Airport is ideally located only 45km (27miles) southwest of Kampala. Review the Kampala map above to explore all your possibilities in and around Kampala. The city and country offer many exhiting excurions for you to experience.
Kampala has also been recommended by Lonley Planet as one of Africa's Best Cosmopolitan places.
- World Bank 1.0km/0.6 miles
- United Nation Head office 1.0km/0.6 miles
- Barclays Bank 1.0km/0.6 miles
- Stanbic Bank 1.0km/0.6 miles
- Bank of Uganda 1.0km/0.6 miles
- Mulago Hospital 2.0kms/ 1.2 miles
- Uganda Tourist Board 1.0km/0.6 miles
- Ernst & Young office 1.5kms/ 0.9 miles
- Garden City Mall 1.0km/0.6 miles
- Central Police Station 1.0km/0.6 miles
- Makerere University 2.0kms/ 1.2miles
- British Airways Corporate office 1.0km/ 0.6 miles
- KLM Corporate office 1.5kms/ 1.2 miles
- Kenya Airways Corporate office 1.5kms/1.2 miles
- Emirates Corporate Office 1.5kms / 1.2 miles
- European Union Head office 1.5kms/ 1.2 miles
- British Council 1.0km/ 0.6 miles
- DHL 1.0km/ 0.6miles
- Parliament 1.5km/1.2 miles
- Presidents Office 1.5kms/ 1.2 miles
- Kampala Casino 1.0km/ 0.6 miles
- The Equator 60kms/ 36 miles
- Nakasero Market 1.0km/ 0.6 miles
- National Theatre Craft Market 1.0km/ 0.6 miles
- Mulago Hospital 1.0km/ 0.6 miles
- St. Balikuddembe Market - Owing Market 1.0km/0.6 miles
- Uganda National Museum 2.0kms/ 1.2 miles
- Uganda Wildlife Education Centre (UWEC) 45.0kms/ 27.0 miles
- Namugongo Martyrs Shrine 15.0kms/ 9.3miles
- Bujagali Falls 45.0 kms/ 27.0 miles
- Source of River Nile, Lake Victoria 45.0kms/ 27.0 miles
- Mabira Forest Reserve High Access 55.0kms/ 34.2 miles
- Kasumbi Tomb 5.0kms/ 3.0 miles
- Bahai Temple 10.0kms/ 5.2 miles
- Gorilla Forest (Bwindi) 245kms/ 147 miles
- Murchison Falls and Queen Elizabeth National Park 337.0kms/ 209.4 miles
- Lubiri Palace 5.0kms/ 3.0 miles
Kampala's International Airport is actually in Entebbe, 45km (27miles) southwest of the capital.
From Nairobi, most people most people travel by bus to Uganda using some transport companies like Akamba, Scandinavia and take around 12 to 14 hours.
Taxis and minibuses ply between Entebbe International Airport Entebbe and Kampala.
A few travelers enter Uganda by air, because most flights to East Africa from Europe and North America use the Kenyan capital of Nairobi as a gateway using various airlines such as - British Airways, Emirates, Kenya Airways, KLM Royal, Brussels Airlines, South African Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Egypt Air, Air Uganda, Fly 540, Rwanda Air and Air Tanzania.
Uganda Airlines has no scheduled internal flights; however, there are several smaller airlines offering both scheduled and charter flights. Eagle Air and Royal Daisy offer flights throughout the country.
Minibuses (known as taxis), and there's never a shortage of them. Fares are fixed and vehicles leave when full.
Buses connect the major towns on a daily basis and Ugandan postal service minibuses travel from Kampala to all major centre several times a week. The latter cost less and are safer and faster than the former.
Bicycle taxis (known locally as boda-boda, as they originally used to shuttle people between border, or boda, posts).
Eat Out? Take out? Some great Places
- Fusion 9 - Bukhara - Ethiopian Food
- Fang Fang - Chinese Food
- Khana Khazana - Indian Food
- La Chato - Italian Food
- Garden City Food court